Thursday, June 17, 2010

Golden Syrup Dumplings....mmmm winter comfort food


Ok I made these the other day I havent had them for a few years now and they are a childhood favourite and they were as good as I remember. So I thought I had better share them with you. If you are not a sweet tooth don't bother because they are sickly sweet and disgustingly divine and you must have double cream with them to cut down the sweetness....ooohh my mouth is watering just thinking about them again.

Sauce

40g butter

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup golden syrup

1 2/3 cups water

combine all ingredients in pan with bottom about 18cm wide. Stir over heat without boiling until sugar dissolved. Bring to boil without stirring reduce to simmer


Dumplings

1 1/4 cups SR flour

30 g butter

1/3 cup golden syrup

1 tbsp milk(with another to spare in case the mix is too dry)

Sift flour into bowl, rub in butter, gradually stir in syrup and milk. Drop heaped teaspoonsful into simmering sauce. Simmer covered for approx 15 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through. Serve with sauce and double cream or ice cream(or both if you are piggies like us)

1 comment:

  1. Tonight I am having a gourmet toasted sandwich with King Island double brie... tomorrow I think I will be having muffins the UNBOUGHT way. So long as the hospital doesn't give me scary news!!

    ReplyDelete