Monday, May 24, 2010

Soup for dinner

Well it's nice to be sitting back waiting for my dinner to be cooked for me. Am I out somewhere waiting for a 3 course meal. No I am at home and having pea & ham soup made for me and also homemade sausage/savoury roll. Speaking of eating out. I had soup out at lunch today(local small town cafe in southern tassie) was a bland and insipid version of a potato soup and not up to the standard I would expect. The other small cafe in our town makes SUPERB soup but in my opinion its just not a comfortable space to sit and try and enjoy it, it's a little cramped for a meal but perfect for coffee.

2 comments:

  1. so a soup kitchen with yummy trimmings would be good. You know making people think of seasons, mum's kitchen or the warmth of a dish that you know will be as good as it smells.
    there is nothing worse than food that looks fab but is tasteless - my mum used to call similar things 'chocolate boxes' lovely on the outside but lacking any real substance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was inspired and had home made chicken noodle soup. Two days in a row! The kids didn't hate it, which is the real bonus.

    ReplyDelete